Learn@Illinois Moodle - Scheduler Activity
The scheduler activity is a tool that can be used for scheduling appointments with students or groups of students. Grades can be assigned within the tool, reminders to sign up can be sent to students, and notifications can be automatically sent at a designated time prior to students' appointment.
Examples of Using Scheduler Activity
- Schedule 1-on-1 meetings with students about papers or projects
- Require students to sign up for presentation slots during specific class periods (in groups or individually)
- Schedule virtual office hours in online courses (or in-person office hours in face-to-face courses)
- Schedule private speaking exam slots for one or several students, and give them a grade within the activity
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I enable group sign-ups?
On the "Edit Settings" page, you can set the "Booking in groups" option to select a grouping.
- Why do so many people show up in the "Teacher" drop down?
Anyone with the role "Teacher", "Course Administrator", or "Non-editing teacher" shows up in this menu, enabling you to set up appointments with any potential instructor in your class.
- What is the difference between "Send invitation" and "Send reminder"?
Clicking "Send invitation" will include all students, while "Send reminder" only includes students who have not yet signed up.
- The Group settings under "Common Module Settings" should typically be avoided, as this requires teachers to be placed in groups with the students they are intending to meet with.