Learn@Illinois Moodle - Questionnaire Activity
The questionnaire activity is a tool that allows you to construct surveys using a variety of question types, for the purpose of gathering data from users. It can be anonymous, and it gives back the results to the students so they can have access to their answers.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleQuestionnaire
Examples of Using Questionnaire Activity
- An anonymous survey that gives back the results to students so they can have access to their answers and gives a completion grade
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I set the Questionnaire to be anonymous?
Yes. In the "Edit Settings" menu under the "Responses" category, set the "Respondent type" to "anonymous".
- Can I grade a Questionnaire activity?
Yes. The Questionnaire activity allows for a completion/submission grade.
- Can I send a follow-up reminder through Moodle to those who have not yet completed my survey?
Yes. Click on the "Show non-respondents" tab, select the ones you would like to message, compose the message and click "Send".
- What question types are available?
Check Boxes, Date, Dropdown Box, Essay Box, Numeric, Radio Buttons, Rate (scale 1..5), Text Box, and Yes/No.
- Can I require answers for certain questions?
Yes. Select "Yes" next to "Response is required" when you are editing the question.
Groups and Groupings
- The Questionnaire activity can be used with separate groups.
- See our Groups and Groupings page for more information.