Learn@Illinois Moodle - Editing Maximum Grades
Knowing how to edit the maximum grades/raw point values of assignments and quizzes is important in maintaining an accurate gradebook. The maximum grades (i.e. point values) of activities must be edited in the activity interface and cannot be edited from the gradebook.
- If you are using the percentage gradebook, we recommend changing all maximum grades to 100, which is the default for most activities.
- If you are using the points gradebook, change the maximum grades to the desired value, a fraction of the course total.
Editing Assignments and Most Other Activity Grades
- Click on the assignment.
- Click Edit settings.
- In the "Grade" section, change the "Maximum grade" to the desired value. In this case, I am using a points gradebook and I want each assignment to be worth 50 points, so I enter 50.
- Scroll down and click an orange Save button.
Editing Quiz Grades
- Click on the quiz.
- Click Edit quiz.
- In the upper right corner, change the maximum grade to the desired value and click Save: