Learn@Illinois Moodle - Moving an Activity into a Gradebook Category Folder
A gradebook category refers to folders on the Gradebook setup page used to sort the gradebook such as "Homework", "Quizzes", etc. You can put an activity into a gradebook category (1) in "Edit settings" for the activity, (2) in Gradebook setup using the checkboxes, or (3) in Gradebook setup using the up-down arrows.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleGradebookMoveActivity
In "Edit Settings" for the Activity
If you have already set up the gradebook categories, you can select the grade category from a drop-down menu within an activity's settings.
- In the upper right corner, click the Actions menu gear.
- From the drop-down menu, select Edit settings.
- Expand the "Grade" section and under "Grade category", select the category for the activity.
- Click a Save button.
In Gradebook Setup
There are two options for moving activities on the "Gradebook setup" page. You can either use the checkbox method or the blue up-down arrow icon.
The checkbox method is recommended for moving multiple activities into a new category.
- Using the method above, go to "Gradebook setup".
- Click the checkboxes to the far right of the activities you would like to move.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and in the "Move selected items to" drop-down menu, select the category you would like the activities moved to.
- The activities will now appear in the new category.