Learn@Illinois Moodle - Making Sure the Gradebook is Ready for Entering Final Scores
It is important to check a few things in your gradebook as the end of the semester approaches and make sure that students' grades are being calculated correctly.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleGradebookFinal
During our consultations at ATLAS, we find that many gradebooks have at least one error that affects students' final grades.
In order to avoid giving inaccurate grades or needing to fix grades at the last minute, it is important to check the following:
- Make sure that all missing student grades are changed to zeros.
- Remove all activities/items that should not be in the gradebook by deleting from the main page or setting their point values to zero.
- Make sure that hidden activities/items are showing.
- Check the point values for each activity/item.
- Verify that point values and percentages match the syllabus.
- Make sure that the dropping the lowest function is set up correctly.
- Make sure that any extra credit is functioning properly.
Of all of these, entering zeros for all empty grades is one of the most important to insure gradebook accuracy. For help on this, please see our Entering Zeros for Empty Grades help page.