Learn@Illinois Moodle - Allow Students to Moderate Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Sessions
This document demonstrates how to change the permissions to a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session to allow students to moderate sessions. This is useful for study lounges, group recording studios, and other situations in which you want to enable students to communicate synchronously without an instructor present.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleCollabStudentModerator
- From your course main page, click on the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session.
- Click on the session again in the list of sessions.
- Scroll down and click Session Settings.
- In the "Default Attendee Role" section, select Moderator from the drop-down menu.
- Verify that the other settings reflect what you want students to be able to do and click Save.