Learn@Illinois Moodle - Adding a Gradebook Category
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleGradebookCategories
Grade categories can be used as a strictly organizational tool (e.g., adding a category for each module) or can be used to perform calculations (e.g., dropping the lowest value or having a weighted grade category).
- In the Administration block, click on Gradebook setup.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Add category button.
- In the first field, enter the name of your category
- In the following drop-down menu, select the aggregation type.
- For points gradebooks, select "Natural (Sum of Grades)".
- For percentage gradebooks, select "Mean of Grades".
- Select "Simple weighted mean of grades" for percentage gradebooks in which the different point values correspond to the desired weights
- Select "Weighted mean of grades" for percentage gradebooks in which you need to explicitly specify different weights for activities within the category