Learn@Illinois Moodle - Adding a Manual Gradebook Item
If an activity is outside of Moodle, you can add a grade item in the gradebook.
- In the Administration block, click on Gradebook setup.
- Click the Add grade item button.
- Complete the following:
- Name the item (e.g. Week 4 Homework).
- Change the "Maximum grade" to the desired score (i.e. If this is graded out of 7 points, set this to 7).
- Retain the default settings for the remaining fields.
- Click Save changes.
- If you are using gradebook categories, make sure to move the item into a category.
- If you have already created gradebook categories, you can select the corresponding category from the list as you create the item:
- Otherwise, the new gradebook will be at the bottom of the gradebook by default. See our Putting an Activity into a Category page for instructions on how to do this.