Learn@Illinois Moodle - Adding a Manual Gradebook Item
If an activity is outside of Moodle, you can add a grade item in the gradebook.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleAddGradeItem
- In the Administration block, click on Gradebook setup.
- Click the Add grade item button.
- Complete the following:
- Name the item (e.g. Week 4 Homework).
- Change the "Maximum grade" to the desired score (i.e. If this is graded out of 7 points, set this to 7).
- Retain the default settings for the remaining fields.
- Click Save changes.
- If you are using gradebook categories, make sure to move the item into a category.
- If you have already created gradebook categories, you can select the corresponding category from the list as you create the item. Otherwise, the new gradebook will be at the bottom of the gradebook by default. See our Putting an Activity into a Category page for instructions on how to do this.
- Click the Save changes button.
Note: To manually enter grades for manual gradebook items, click on "Single view" in the gradebook Administration block and select it from the drop-down list.