WebStore, Open an app from an unidentified developer on Mac
Sometimes it may be necessary to open an app on a Mac that is not from a registered developer. This process can be different from Mac OS to Mac.
Instructions to open an unidentified app on a Mac.
To override your security settings and open the app anyway:
1. In the Finder, locate the app you want to open.
Don’t use Launchpad to do this. Launchpad doesn’t allow you to access the shortcut menu.
2. Control-click the app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu.
3. Click Open.
The app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you can open it in the future by double-clicking it just as you can any registered app.
1. Open System Preferences
2. Navigate to the Security and Privacy menu
3. Under the General tab, select "Open Anyway"
4. When prompted, enter the password for a computer admin
If neither solutions works for you, please email WebStore@illinois.edu