Learn@Illinois Moodle - How to Submit to an Illinois Media Space Assignment
To submit media to an Illinois Media Space, you can follow the steps below. This page assumes you have already recorded your media file and have the file on your computer, or an a USB/SD card that is inserted into your computer.
- Record your audio or video and save as a file type that can be added to Illinois Media Space. For best results with video, Illinois Media Space recommends preparing videos in 1280x720 pixels and using the H.264 video codec at about 4000 kb/s.
- From your assignment, click Add media submission.
- A window will pop up displaying your videos in Illinois Media Space.
Note: If you already have uploaded your video to Illinois Media Space, skip ahead to step 9.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click Add New and then click Media Upload.
- Click on Choose a file to upload and find your video.
- Your video will upload. While it is processing, you can give your video a different name using the "Name: (Required)" field. (The "Description" and "Tags" fields are optional.)
- When the video is uploaded, click Save.
- Then, after the changes have been saved, click Back to Browse and Embed.
- To the right of your video, click Select.
- On the pop-up, click Yes, please.
- Finally, once you are back into Moodle, click Submit media to submit your video.
Note: If your video is large, it may take some time to process. The error message you will see is: "No source video was found - entry in process." You can still submit your media, and the video will be displayed correctly once it is processed. Otherwise, you can return to the page at a later time to click Submit media -- but if you do not, your instructor will not be able to view the video!