Network, Intermapper, OpsGenie Notification AITS After Hours Procedure
Details on how to handle the receipt of a notification from Intermapper and page Tech Services using Opsgenie.
A notification has been received from Intermapper via a Service Desk ticket. You will need to do the following:
- Verify which device(s) that are down using Intermapper
- Please see the Intermapper Drill Down Document for instructions on how to locate the down device
- If Intermapper displays a blue checkmark (Acknowledged) or a wrench (Under Maintenance) next to the device, no email or paging is necessary. Skip to step #4 and resolve the ticket.
- If it is, go ahead and page Netops by sending them an email:
- Copy the information about the device, as shown in the Intermapper Drill Down Document
- The subject line of the email should be: Critical Incident: [device(s)] reported down in Intermapper
- The email body should include information on all devices down, list multiple devices (if necessary) in the same email.
- Mention if the power status of the devices has been verified. See step 3.
- Include your name and the Service Desk phone number in the email body
- Send the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If no response in 20 minutes follow escalation procedures below
- Ask if they are aware of any power outages that they know of that would affect downed devices
- If the downtime is power related, use ITProLookup Tool to send email to Affected 24x7 nets
- Click the "Exclude CITES service networks" box then search
- 24x7? YES
- Go ahead and page netops: email@example.com
- Follow escalation procedures if no contact back in 20 mins
- 24x7? NO
- Go ahead and use ITProLookup Tool to send email staff associated with net
Network Operations Escalation Procedure
If no response in 20 minutes or possible email outage, call (in order):
- Chris Skaar: 217-778-4479
- Aaron Brown: 217-377-8765
- Mary Stevens: 217-244-2767