Digital Signage. Adding a Content Player to FWi Content Manager
How to add a new Digital Signage Content Player to FWi Content Manager 5.3 and above
Adding a Content Player in FWi Content Manager 5.3 and later
Departmental signage administrators can add new digital signs using FWi Content Manager.
To add a new content player:
- Right-Click on the Location that you wish to add your player.
- Choose New Content Player
- In the Properties box:
- Name - Enter a descriptive name.
- Names usually indicating location and purpose (e.g. "Lobby Sign – West Wall").
- You may also include the Computer Name for easier management (e.g Lobby Sign – West Wall - sign-imac01).
- In the Transmission section,
- Select “A different computer on the local network will be my signage player.”
- Type the Computer Name of the player in the box below.
- The computer name can be the IP address, Windows Domain Name or FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name).
- We recommend the FQDN. (e.g. "sign-imac-01.ad.uillinois.edu") because the player will be able to be found even if the IP address changes.
- Click on the Check to the right of the Computer Name box
- If the player is already on the network and configured to run FWi, it will display a “Player Ready” message.
- Other settings are available but not always necessary.
- Click OK
- From the Main Menu, Choose File and Save.
- To change the proprieties later, Right-Click on the sign and Choose Properties.
If you get the message, “You don’t have sufficient permissions to create a player at this location.” It is either because you are not in the “departmental administrators” security group or permissions have been restricted by your department. Contact your unit digital signage coordinator or email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.