Banner Administrative Forms - Unusual Data Entry and Navigation Behavior with Java 8 Update 161 or 162
Downgrade to Java 8 Update 151 if you are having problems with searching, tabbing, or arrow down in Banner forms such as PEAEMPL and SSASECQ.
You have Java 8 Update 161 or Java 8 Update 162 installed and are experiencing any of these behaviors:
- Entering a UIN at the top of the form does not automatically display the person's name
- Pressing Tab does not update the form
- Screen does not update automatically
- Screen freezes up after pressing the down arrow
- Menu toolbar is blank. File, Edit, Options, etc. does not display. Screenshot:
Downgrade your Java version to Java 8 Update 151 by following the instructions in this document: Java - Downgrading Java (Windows and Mac)
Click the Next Block button to force the screen to update.
To restore the menu bar, exit the form you are in to return to the Banner main menu, then reenter the form.