Blackboard Collaborate, Powerpoint files don't load to whiteboard on MacOS High Sierra
MacOS High Sierra users on Blackboard Collaborate "Classic" cannot upload Powerpoint files to the whiteboard. This document provides the workarounds.
Convert the PowerPoint slides to image files (jpeg format) and upload them into your Collaborate Original session.
- Open PowerPoint
- Open your presentation
- Click File > Save as > Set Save as type to 'JPEG File Interchange Format'
- Click Save
- PowerPoint will ask 'Which slides do you want to export?' > Select 'All slides'
- Each slide in your presentation will be saved as a file in the newly created folder
To import the JPEG images, follow the steps below:
- Open your Collaborate session
- Click Load Content
- Select All of the Images from the newly created folder, by pressing Ctrl + A
- Click Open
- Select: Import Images as Individual Pages > Load
- The Page Explorer will open. This will allow you to move slides to different rooms and organize them.
OR Use Oracle Java instead of launcher
- You will need to change the file type association for the .collab file to direct it to open with Oracle Java
- Right Click on .Collab File > Get Info > Expand the Opens With section.
- Finder opens
- Click Always Open With
- Select Macintosh HD from drop down once finder opens.
- Select Enable: All Applications
- Navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/Java Web Start.app
- Select Java Web Start.app