Illinois Compass 2g, Profiles for Instructors
A profile shows how you want to present yourself to your peers, students, and co-instructors. In your Illinois Compass 2g profile, you decide what you want to be called, share your academic interests, and more.
Terms of service agreement
When prompted, you must agree to the terms of service by checking the checkbox and clicking the Agree button before you can access any of the cloud profiles and social features for the first time. These features include Edit Profile, View Profile (your own or another user's), People, Messages, and Spaces; the terms of service contract is between you and Blackboard, Inc., the vendor behind Illinois Compass 2g.
Our campus also includes a policy statement on the student code.
Primary email address
When you first set up your profile, you're automatically prompted to provide a primary email. Make sure to use a personal email address in your profile. The system sends a verification email. After you verify that you're the owner of the email address, your profile is linked to that email address.
Add a profile picture
You can upload a profile picture that appears throughout Compass. Your personal image appears in the page header, people tool, blogs, journals, discussions, wikis, and roster. Your profile picture also appears in the notifications modules, such as What's New. The modules may appear on the My Institution tab or on a course's home page.
Images must be less than 5 MB and at least 50 x 50 pixels in dimension. Acceptable file formats include GIF, PNG, and JPEG.
- Select the arrow next to your name in the page header to access the menu.
- Select the empty profile image or your existing image to access your profile.
- On the Profile page, select the Settings & Privacy link.
- The Settings & Privacy section appears in the right panel. Select Change Picture to upload an image from your computer.
- Select Save.
Monitor profiles for inappropriate content
All Blackboard Learn users and system administrators can report inappropriate content they find in any profile by selecting Report. From a profile card, the user can select the flag icon in the bottom right corner. A screen appears and prompts them to fill out some brief information to report the profile.
After a user's profile is reported, the system administrator sees a notification next to Reported Items under Cloud Management on the Administrator Panel. Select Reported Items to view all of the reported items.
On this screen, you can take administrative action on the reported item. Next to an item in the list, open the menu to review the report and block the item from being seen by other users in your Learn instance.
When you select Block Item, a message appears with more information about the action. Select Block to confirm that you wish to block the item. The system sends an email to the user telling them to revise their profile's content to have it reinstated. In addition to receiving an email, the user will also see a notification when they view their profile to let them know it has been blocked and must be edited and submitted for review.
After the user has submitted an updated profile for review, a new Reported Item notification appears for the administrator. On the Reported Items page, you can see that the status has changed to Under Review. You can review the updated profile and unblock the item if it is acceptable.
Delete your profile
The profile deletion process is irreversible. You can create a new profile, but it won't include any of your previous data, such as posts made to spaces.
To delete your profile, select your profile picture to access the Edit Profile page. When you select Delete My Blackboard Profile, these actions occur:
- Your profile is deleted. All of the profile information, the profile card, your picture, the profile wall and its posts, and comments other users made on your profile wall posts are deleted.
- You may not be able to access some content in your courses. You won't be able to access items that had appeared in a user's posts from cloud services.
- The people tool is no longer available. You won't be able to access the people tool or view other user's full profiles, although profile cards are still viewable. Your profile won't be discoverable as it no longer exists. Any comments you made on other user's profile walls will appear as Deleted User.
- The messages tool is no longer available. You won't be able to access the messages tool in My Blackboard, and your contributions to existing messages will appear as Deleted User. Within your courses, course messages and email will continue to work normally.
- The spaces tool is no longer available. You won't be able to access the spaces tool. Any previous contributions to spaces will appear as Deleted User.
- You will appear as anonymous in Blackboard Open Content. Any contributions to Blackboard Open Content forums or submission to Blackboard Open Content assignments and tests will appear as Deleted User.
- Your MyEdu profile is deleted. If you have the enhanced profile, your MyEdu profile will also be deleted.