CA Service Desk Manager - Editing Multiple Tickets With "Edit in List"
Editing multiple tickets at the same time can be dangerous. Make sure you understand what you are doing before using this feature.
You can edit multiple tickets in a queue at the same time. Examples of where this is useful are when you want to change the status of multiple tickets, or mark multiple tickets as spam.
For example, if you change the Request Area while in Edit in List mode, this could change the Group as well if the Request Area has a default group assigned to it. This could generate multiple emails to that group.
To use the Edit in List feature:
- Bring up a list of tickets by choosing a Scoreboard query or using Search->Requests.
- Click the Edit in List button
- You can change any of these fields while in Edit in List mode:
- Request Area
- Parent Request
- To edit a single ticket, click that ticket in the list and change the field values from the form above the list. As you change values, they will highlight in yellow in the list. They will not be saved until you click the Save button.
- After changing a value on a ticket, if you want all the other tickets displayed in the list to have the same value, click the Change All button.
- To cancel all changes and revert back to the original values, click the Cancel button. This will revert all changes and exit you from Edit in List mode.
- To apply your changes in yellow, click the Save button.