Munki, Accessing Your Repository
This article provides information for connecting to unit package repositories in the Technology Services' Munki Mac Endpoint Management system.
- Munki Mac Endpoint Management
- University of Illinois IT Pros leveraging Technology Services Endpoint Services' Munki Mac Endpoint Management
2. Select Go > Connect to Server (or ⌘+K)
3. Enter the address of your repository (e.g. https://USER@munki.eps.uillinois.edu:3443/repos/global/UofI/UIUC/UNIT_PREFIX)* and click the Connect button
*Where USER and UNIT_PREFIX are your username and unit's Munki repository prefix, respectively.
4. Enter your password and click the Connect button
5. Your Munki package repository will appear in a Finder window
There is an application called MunkiAdmin that provides a graphical user interface for managing a Munki repository. To connect to your repository via MunkiAdmin:
1. Download and install the MunkAdmin application from GitHub.*
*MunkiAdmin utilizes some components of the Munki client and requires it to be installed in order for MunkiAdmin to run properly.
2. Follow steps 1 through 5 above in the Connecting Using Finder section to mount your Munki package repository in Finder
3. Launch the MunkiAdmin application. It's typically installed in either the Applications or Applications/Utilities directories.
4. Within MunkiAdmin, select your Munki package repository that you mounted in step 2 and click the Open button
5. MunkiAdmin will first scan your repository and then load it.
6. You are now ready to manage your Munki package repository with MunkiAdmin.