Learn@Illinois Moodle - Connecting with Digication e-Portfolio
Digication is an e-Portfolio platform, available through the "External Tool" activity.
- On your main course page, click the Turn Editing On button in the upper-right hand corner.
- Scroll down the page to find the section where you'd like to put the Digication connection, and click Add an activity or resource... at the bottom of the section.
- Select the "External Tool" activity, then click Add below.
- Fill in the "Activity name" with a name of your choice (e.g., Create your e-Portfolio).
- Next to "Preconfigured tool", click on the drop-down menu and select "Digication e-Portfolio".
- The remainder of the settings will be automatically filled in. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save and display to verify that it is working correctly.
- Once the Digication portal loads, choose whether you would like to use New Digication or Classic Digication, and then scroll down and click the Define templates for students button.
- Here, you can decide whether students create their ePortfolios from scratch or with a template. Click Students should create ePortfolios from scratch for now (this can be changed later) and click Save & Continue at the bottom of the window.
- On the following screen, underneath the "Welcome to Digication!" banner, click Connect to a Course in Digication. If you have already created a course shell, you will be able to link this to your Moodle course now. If you do not have any course shells in Digication, a new course will be created for you.
Note: When your connection is added to your course site, a corresponding Digication course shell is either created or linked. The course shell holds the student roster and any portfolio-based assignments that you create using Digication. The course shell can be accessed by going to illinois.digication.com, logging in by clicking Log in in the top-right corner, and then clicking on the Courses link at the top of the page.