Office 365, Email, Exchange Migration Process
Outline of the Exchange Migration Process for the 2018 migration project to Office 365 email. Mostly of interest to IT Pros.
IT Pros usually move first so they know what to expect and are better prepared to support people in their unit.
- IT Pro works with Exchange team to ensure prerequisites are ready
- DNS TXT to allow Exchange Online (Office 365) to host custom unit domains
- Resource account permissions fixed
- Plan for public folder data
- Testing of any custom 3rd party applications
- IT Pro communicates about migration to customers
- IT Pro schedules a cut-over day (cut-over happens at 2:00 AM on chosen day) that is convenient for customers and IT Pros to deal with re-configuring mail clients and troubleshooting issues. Keep VIPs and support staff together.
- IT Pro lets Exchange team know usernames of mailboxes to be migrated at least 4 days in advance.
- Exchange team will perform pre-checks and initiate mailbox copy process.
- The mailbox copy process will automatically pause at 95% and wait for scheduled day/time cut-over.
- At cut-over time, access to the mailbox is blocked to perform a final sync and check on anything that has changed since the copy process was paused.
- Exchange team will verify mailbox moves completed successfully and notify the IT Pro.
- IT Pro will help customer reconfigure mail clients as needed.