Office 365, Email, Known Issues
Known issues with Office 365 email.
- Public Folder Access
- Public folder access is not available via webmail. This feature will only be available on Outlook on Windows. Please consider a unified group or resource mailbox instead.
- Unit address lists are not shown in the global address list
- This custom feature is no longer available with Exchange Online
Skype for Business
- Outlook Integration Error or Exchange needs your credentials
- After a mailbox is migrated to Exchange Online some Skype for Business clients receive a warning about Outlook integration, see exclamation marks on the Conversations tab, or a yellow bar about credentials. Be sure to use email@example.com for username. If that doesn't help you can clear the client-side cache for Skype for Business.
- Lync 2010 is Prompting to download and install an MSI file from Microsoft
- This additional software install is required to allow Lync 2010 to connect to Exchange Online
- Lync phone edition phones can't connect to Exchange Online
- Office 365 will only allow TLS 1.2 connections (blocking the older SSL3, TLS 1.0/1.1) after October 2018 and currently there are no plans to update the older Lync phone edition IP phones software to support that type of secure connection. These phones will still be able to connect to our on premise Skype for Business systems, but voicemail access and calendar access will stop working. We currently have about 59 of these devices connected.
Outlook on Windows
- Your Exchange Administrator has Made a Change Message
- After your mailbox is moved to Exchange Online your Outlook and every Outlook that accesses your mailbox or calendar will be prompted to restart. This includes people that may just have your calendar listed under "Shared Calendars" in Outlook. Outlook will prompt with this message every few minutes until it is closed and reopened. Restarting Outlook allows it to make a new connection to the appropriate Exchange server.
Outlook on Mac
- I get a web based authentication box
- Outlook for Mac uses the same modern web-based authentication portal as office.com and supports DUO two-factor authentication.
Outlook on Web
- Cannot find rooms to include in meeting invite
- Outlook on the web does not list all rooms from the global address list by default. Instead it uses room lists to help narrow down the choices. You can create an AD group with all your Unit's room accounts as members and the Exchange team can mark it as a room list in Exchange.
Gmail on Android
- Unable to re-add account to Gmail application on Android or error about account already existing
- The existing Exchange account needs to be removed and the cache cleared for the Gmail app before it will allow the Exchange Online account to be added successfully.