Google Apps @ Illinois, Hangouts Chat
What is Google Hangouts Chat? Can I use Hangouts Chat with my Google Apps @ Illinois account?
- Allow teams and groups to quickly communicate using any device from anywhere.
- Hold multiple conversations with different teams at the same time.
- Invite additional people to join conversations.
- Easily share your work directly in the conversation thread.
- Accessing Hangouts Chat on desktop and mobile platforms
- Creating and managing direct messages and rooms
- Collaborating in Chat with Video meetings and files
- Managing notifications for conversations and mentions
I get a message saying "You need a G Suite account to access Hangouts Chat." How can I log in?
All users of Google Apps @ Illinois are eligible for Hangouts Chat. Users who are logged in to multiple Google accounts in their browser may see this message if their @illinois.edu account is not their default account.
You may need to sign out of other Google accounts to access Hangouts Chat. Visit Google Account Help: Sign in to multiple accounts at once for more information.