Learn@Illinois Moodle - Creating Headings in Quizzes
Particularly if you are using the quiz tool for lecture slides, it can be helpful for students to have headings in the quiz navigation. These headings will appear in the Navigation block on the left-hand side as well as in the Edit quiz list of questions.
- Navigate to the quiz where you would like to add section headings by clicking on the name of the quiz from your main course page.
- In the Administration block on the left, click Edit quiz.
- To add the first section heading, click the pencil icon above "Page 1" and enter the heading. Press Enter (or Return) on the keyboard to save.
- To add subsequent headings, find the page where you would like the heading to start. Then, on the right side of the page, click Add (in blue) above that page. From the drop-down menu, select + a new section heading.
- Enter the heading, press Enter (or Return) on the keyboard to save.
- The editing interface will display the heading above the page that begins the heading. You can continue to add headings by following steps 5 and 6 above.