Banner - Installing Current Version of Java Plugin
Customers need to know how to find Java 8 version 172 from Java.com website. Java 8 version 171 and 172 were released by Oracle together. Version 171 is a required security update and version 172 is the same security update with additional fixes. AITS recommends the use of version 172 because the patches fix issues with the use of Banner forms.
Use the following steps to install Java 8 version 172 to your machine. You must have administrator access to install Java on your machine. If you do not have administrator access or unsure of your access, contact you local IT Professional or contact your local help desk.
1. Go to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html using any browser.
2. Locate heading: Java SE Runtime Environment 8u172. Note: You will see two versions. 172 is recommended version with Banner.
3. Select Accept License Agreement.
4. Select Download from the list.
For Windows: Windows x86 Offline (jre-8u172-windows-i586.exe); Mac OS X x64 (jre-8u172-macosx-x64.dmg).
File will be available in your downloads folder.
5. Run the downloaded file and follow the installation instructions.