EWS, Remote Access, Connecting to Citrix
Please note that Citrix and other EWS resources are for instructional use only. Academic research on EWS resources is prohibited. More on our research policies can be found here: https://go.illinois.edu/ews-research-policy. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Download & Install
If you are connecting from a wifi network other than IllinoisNet, connect to the Technology Services' Cisco VPN before using Citrix.
Access Citrix Workspace
- The first time you open Citrix Workspace, input 'citrix.engr.illinois.edu' without quotes in the server address field and click 'Add.'
- If you encounter an error, disconnect from the Cisco VPN, select the '3_TunnelAll' profile, and reconnect to the VPN.
- Select 'Finish' on the success screen.
- When the login screen appears, enter your UIUC NetID and your NetID password and click 'Log On.'
- Select the 'Apps' tab to view all applications. Application visibility will vary based on course registration.
- Most applications will save content to your EWS home directory by default and can also save content to your local computer.
- To access your EWS home directory remotely, use the following instructions at EWS Labs, Remote access to your EWS Windows home directory
- If you encounter an error, disconnect from the Cisco VPN, select the '3_TunnelAll' profile, and reconnect to the Cisco VPN.
Application visibility is based on course registration and sometimes requires a manual refresh.
- Select 'Refresh Apps' in the top-right drop-down menu of Citrix Workspace
- Search for the application name under the 'Apps' tab
If you are a TA and cannot see the application, ask the instructor to update the membership of the course staff group using Instructor Tools.
Short URL for this page: https://go.illinois.edu/citrix