Illinois Compass 2g, Upgrade on May 19, 2018
Details about the upgrade for Illinois Compass 2g
On May 19, 2018, Illinois Compass 2g will be down for a planned period of time for some service updates. The outage will take place for approximately 8 - 10 hours, beginning in the very early hours of the morning, approximately 2:00 a.m.
This downtime is necessary to implement a service update that provides more
than 60 additional bug fixes and will resolve a number of known issues.
Some new and improved features included in this upgrade include:
- Drag and drop files - you can bring upload individual or a folder of files by simply dragging and dropping it into a content area.
- Students can turn assignment files using this function, too.
- Assignment submission receipt - instructors and students both receive a receipt upon the successful submission of an assignment file. This feature should reduce the questions about whether an assignment was submitted by a deadline (or at all).
- The student receipt can be found under My Grades > "Submitted"
- Instructors can find receipts under Grade Center > “Submission Receipts”
- Course availability status will be able to be changed through a click of an icon. The lock icon in the upper right-hand area of your course space toggles on and off and sets the course to available or unavailable to students.
- Collaborate Ultra sessions within groups - Located under group options, this update allows groups to have their own private synchronous collaboration.
- Grade display standardization - This change standardizes areas of Blackboard Learn where users access grades. Now, all gradebook columns (online and downloads) and My Grades support up to five decimal points, aren't rounded, and are consistent for all display types (score, percentage, letter grade).
Bulk Delete of Items will now be available within the Grade Center
- Full Grade Center > Column Organization > Delete Button (an item cannot be deleted if it’s attached to a graded element (assignment, discussion board, etc).
- New Icon Set and Updated Cancel/Submit Button Behavior. There is a new icon set for use in courses and organizations, and cancel/submit buttons will always pin to the bottom of the page regardless of device.