SharePoint - Activate ControlPoint for Your Site
This document shows SharePoint Site Administrators how to activate ControlPoint tool for their website.
BEFORE YOU START:
-- Your site administrators must be added to ControlPoint Users Group as ControlPoint Business Administrators.
-- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request your site administrators are setup within ControlPoint.
-- Once your site administrators are setup as a Business Administrator within ControlPoint, you may proceed with the following steps.
-- You must be a SharePoint site administrator to perform the following actions.
NAVIGATE TO YOUR SITE IN CONTROLPOINT
1. Login to ControlPoint using the following URL and your AD login credentials.
2. In the Control Menu options, click on HIERARCHY to display the SharePoint menu structure.
3. The sites are listed in alphabetical order broken up into various folders.
4. Once you have drilled down and found your site, right click on the "Root Site" menu item in your site folder.
5. Select Configuration option in the pop-up menu and then select "Manage Site Features" option from the second pop-up menu.
MANAGE SITE FEATURES
1.Once you have the "Manage Site Features" page open, select the "Show Hidden" option in top header option.
2. Click on the column "Name" title to sort the parameters by the name column.
3. Scroll down and find the "ControlPoint..." parameters and select the first 3 options.
4. Once you have the ControlPoint parameters selected, click on the "Activate Selected" box in top header option.
5. Select "Run Now" menu option on right side of the page to activate these options for your site.
TEST YOUR SITE
1. Launch new browser session and log in to the SharePoint site you activated the ControlPoint features for.
2. Click on your site's Site Settings gear in the top right corner of your menu options.
3. The drop-down list should now show you the ControlPoint options.
4. Click on "Launch ControlPoint" option. You will be prompted for your AD credentials at this time.
(Note: The first time you launch ControlPoint, it may experience some delays.)
5. You should now be logged in to ControlPoint home page.
If you have any questions, please email UISharePointSupport@uillinois.edu