BigFix, Cleaning up BigFix Devices in the Console
BigFix console/database cleanup after removing the Bigfix agent.
This Cleanup needs to occur After the agent is removed, please click here to instructions to remove agent.
University of Illinois IT Pros leveraging Technology Services Endpoint Service IBM BigFix
Steps to perform cleanup
- Open a remote desktop session to
- Once you have successfully logged in, double-click the 'IBM BigFix Console' icon on the desktop.
- A dialogue box will prompt you for your AD credentials.
- You may either check the Use Windows session
credentials box, which will pass through the account credentials that you used
to log on to the server:
- Or you may enter the AD credentials that you
want to log in with:
- Once the BigFix console has successful loaded,
select Computers under All Content in the left hand side console panel.
- This will display a list of your computers in the center panel.
- Sort the list by selecting any of the column headers to more easily locate the computers you wish to remove.
- Click to highlight a single computer, or shift-click to highlight multiple computers.
- Right-click the highlighted selection to open a
- Select Remove From Database.
- This will bring up a dialogue box asking if you
are sure you want to remove this machine.
- Click OK to confirm removal.
- Please note: if the BigFix agent has not been uninstalled, it will restore the deleted computer to the database, so you must remove the agent as part of the cleanup process.
- At this time if you have not removed the agent from any deleted machines, please refer to KB81644.