Learn@Illinois Moodle - Work Around for Collaborate Ultra Numbers instead of Names
There is a current known issue in Collaborate Ultra in which students' pictures and names do not show during the session and a number appears instead. To work around this issue, you will need to use the guest access feature and have all students log in as guests.
- Click the Collaborate Ultra session you will use.
- In the Administration block on the left, click Edit settings.
- Under "Allow Collaborate guest access", check the checkbox to enable guest access.
- Under "Collaborate guest role", select Participant from the drop-down.
- Click Save.
- Now, you will see a "Collaborate guest link". Click the purple double paper icon to copy the guest access link.
- In the Administration block, click "Edit settings" once again.
- Paste the link in the "Description".
- Copy and paste the instructions below and paste them into the "Description", making sure to update the description:
IMPORTANT: Do not click the "Join session" link above.
You will appear as a number rather than your name if you use this button.
For access to the session, follow this link: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/D93E32432CC6F035BAFD463C3CCB8357. Please enter your first and last name when prompted.