Learn@Illinois Moodle - Adding a Guest to a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Session
Learn how you can give unenrolled users guest access to a session in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. Guests can be assigned one of three roles: Participant, Presenter, or Moderator. When they enter the Collaborate Session, they will appear as the name they manually type in.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleCollaborateGuest
To add a guest link to your Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session:
- Click on the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra activity you would like to edit.
- To the right of the "Course Room" or the specific session, click on the Session options circle.
- From the drop-down menu, select Edit settings.
- Check the Guest access checkbox. From the "Guest role" drop-down menu, choose the appropriate Collaborate guest role. For guest lecturers, select "Presenter".
- Copy the "Guest link" by clicking the double square icon to the right of the link.
- Prior to the session, email the link to the individual(s) that you would like to give guest access to.
Blackboard Collaborate Documentation