How do I set an out of office auto reply?
You can set an auto reply in Exchange and in Gmail following the steps listed below.
When you're going to be away from your email for an extended period of time, you can use the auto-reply filter to automatically reply to your incoming email to inform senders that you're away, when you'll be back, and perhaps let them know who they can get in touch with for help while you're gone.
Microsoft Outlook Client
Open your local Microsoft Outlook client on your device and follow Microsoft's instructions to set up an auto-reply.
Microsoft Outlook Web Access
Outlook App for iOS/Android:
- Open the Outlook App. Navigate to Settings > Accounts.
- Click on the Office 365 account > Find Automatic Replies setting.
- Enable Automatic Replies, select Reply to everyone or Reply only to my organization according to your needs.
- Type your auto reply message in the Reply field(s).
- When finished adding your reply message, tap the checkmark button on the upper right corner to save the settings.