How do I connect to UIC-WiFi using iPhone, iPod touch or iPad?
Explains how someone can connect to the UIC WiFi using an apple device
Important note: iPod touch and iPad devices need an existing network connection to download and install the UIC-WiFi profile. You do not have to be connected to UIC-WiFi to download and install the profile, but you do have to be connected to the Internet. Please use another wireless connection (at home, coffee shop).
If you are having trouble opening the file using Safari on your device, try downloading the file to your computer and send it to yourself as an email attachment. Open the message on your device using the Mail application and double-tap on the attached file to install the profile. If you have trouble connecting to UIC-WiFi, visit the ACCCeSS Helpdesk for assistance.
If you already have a connection profile on your device for UIC-Wireless or for UIC-WiFi, please "forget" them before you install this new profile:
- Settings > WiFi > UIC-Wireless > Forget this network
- Settings > WiFi > UIC-WiFi > Forget this network
Install the UIC-WiFi profile
While you have an Internet connection, on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open Safari and browse to this page and click this UIC-WiFi configuration profile link. You will be prompted to install the configuration profile:
- Tap the Install button. The profile is unsigned, but it is from the ACCC.
- Enter your UIC NetID as your username (example: adabyron)
- Enter your ACCC common password as the password
- Tap Done. Once the profile is installed, press the Home button and then tap the Settings icon
- For best results, we recommend setting Wi-Fi to Off, and then back to On.
- Select UIC-WiFi from the list of wireless networks. You should not be prompted to enter your password at this point.
- You will be asked to accept a Certificate; tap Accept Certificate.
- When connected, you should see a Wi-Fi icon on the top, beside the status icon.
Important note: ACCC wireless access points require your UIC NetID and common password to authenticate. Beware of any access points prompting you for your password only (unaccompanied by your UIC NetID).
What is the MAC address of my device?
The ACCCeSS Helpdesk will ask you what your MAC address is if you go to them because you're having trouble connecting your iPhone or iPod Touch to UIC-Wireless. It's in Settings > General > About. And in About, it is listed as your Wi-Fi address. It will look something like this: 00:1C:B3:09:85:15