How do I remove a student from the Blackboard course enrollment list?
Students can be removed from the Users and Groups page.
PLEASE NOTE: Be careful when removing students from Blackboard course sites as all information associated with the student (inc. grades and homework assignment submissions) will be deleted. Before removing students, make sure you do not need to refer back to these students' grades, assignments, quizzes, etc. from the Blackboard course site.
The process is quick and easy. However, before you remove a student from your Blackboard course site, they need to be removed from the Banner system first. If they are not removed from Banner first, they will be re-enrolled after you remove the student from your Blackboard course.
Original Course View:
- Please wait 48 hours after a student drops your course for Banner to update its records and so that our Banner-driven overnight student enrollment process does not add the student to your Blackboard course site again.
- Select "Users and Groups" from the Control Panel of your course site.
- Select "Users" from the drop down menu to display the Users page.
- Type the UIC NetID for the student that you want to remove from your Blackboard course site in the box to the right of "Search: UIC NetID Starts with".
- Select "Go".
- Select the checkbox to the left of the student's name.
- Select the "Remove Users from Course" button.
- Select "OK" in the dialog box asking, "This action is final and cannot be undone. Delete users?"
- Note that the student's name no longer appears in the list of students in your course.
Note that you can also display the names of all the students in your course using "Search: UIC NetID Not blank" and checking the names of any and all students that you want to remove from the course before completing the last two steps of this procedure.
Ultra Course View:
- On the course homepage, click Roster
- Click the three dots next to the student's name
- Click Edit Member Information
- Click the trash can icon next to the user's name to remove them from the course.