Learn@Illinois Moodle - Rendering Equations in Moodle
If you are teaching a course involving mathematics, you may want to use equations in Moodle in lectures, quizzes or elsewhere. In terms of accessibility, this is highly preferred to simply inserting screenshots/images, which are not screen-reader compatible.
- Change your text editor to Atto HTML editor. For instructions on how to do this, see Changing Your Text Editor.
- Click on the activity or resource in which you would like to enter the equation and scroll to find the editor.
- When you go to edit the text, you will see the Atto HTML editor instead of the default text editor.
- Click on the Show more buttons icon; a second row of buttons will appear.
- Click on the Equation editor icon.
- Toggle between the four tabs: Operators, Arrows, Greek Symbols, and Advanced.
- Click on an orange button, to have that symbol or equation rendered in TeX and edit as needed.
- Click Save equation.