Chart: What do we need to setup a new unit with Chart? What are the roles in the app?
Please provide your 3-digit org code and who you would like to have manager/viewer access.
setup a new unit with Chart
Download the attached ChartOfAccountsImportTemplate and populate it with information specific to your org.
Please provide who should have access to the system. Roles are explained below:
- Owner This is the individual responsible for the Fund and designated to receive approval requests from apps that support them (including Purchasing, Travel, & Appointments).
- Example: Unit Executive Officer for State funds, PI for Grant funds.
- Approver This individual is delegated expense approval authority from the Owner.
- Example: Dept Business Managers for State or ICR funds, Co-PI for Grant funds, funded faculty on Grant funds using Activity Code sub-budgets.
- User These individuals have been authorized by the Owner or Approver to spend on a particular CFOP(A).
- Example: Grad Students or Postdocs on Grant funds, responsible staff on Self-supporting funds.
- Accountants & Statement Viewers
Email this information and any questions you have to email@example.com. Engineering IT will contact you shortly after the information is received.