Kaltura, MediaSpace Go
Mobile access to Kaltura Media Space using iOS and Andoid app.
The Kaltura MediaSpace Go (KMS Go) app is designed to complement the Kaltura campus video distribution system. The app can be run on both iOS and Android devices with or without being logged into the system. Once logged in, users have access to their own media, media they are authorized to view, edit or publish, and the ability to upload new media.
For more information regarding the KMS Go app and instructions for downloading/installing/running for the two mobile operating systems:
We have compiled a short list of pro's and con's for the use of the KMS Go app:
- easy access to MediaSpace on the go
- upload media while in-the-field
- subscribe to receive alerts when new media is added
- ability to listen to recordings in background
- some constraints when uploading media (speed, size, etc)
- only manual switching between dual-screen video sources
- features may differ for the two mobile operating systems
To learn more about Kaltura, Media Space, or the tools, search answers.uillinois.edu or visit the Illinois Media Space at https://mediaspace.illinois.edu/. Tips and an FAQ can be found at https://mediaspace.illinois.edu/help