How to add an Engineering printer on Windows
Instructions for connecting to an Engineering College department printer. These instructions do not apply to Engineering Workstation (EWS) labs.
For an overview of printing at the Engineering College or instructions for non-Windows operating systems, see Engineering College Printers.
Step-by-step, with screenshots
- Open your Start menu, type in the following address and hit Enter: \\engr-print-01.engr.illinois.edu\
- Enter your NetId and NetID's password (make sure to put 'UOFI\' before your netid).
- Check the 'Remember my credentials' box, or your printers may fail to work after a reboot.
- Select an appropriate printer and double click it.
- A driver will download automatically. You may have to confirm that you wish to install the driver.
If you are using a non domain joined machine (i.e. a machine not joined to the UIUC domain such as a personal laptop), there is a possibility that the wrong or an old password is still cached in Credential Manager and it is using that password to print. You can clear that by following these steps:
- Launch Credential Manager from the Start Menu
- Click on "Windows Credentials"
- Look for an entry including "engr-print-01" by using the search bar on top right of the window.
- Click on it and then remove it.
After removing the entry, try printing again. When you print, it will ask you for your username and password, which you can enter your netID credentials (not your computer password).
Short URL for this page: http://go.illinois.edu/engr-printing-windows