How to add an Engineering printer on Mac
Instructions for connecting to an Engineering College department printer. These instructions do not apply to Engineering Workstation (EWS) labs.
For an overview of printing at the Engineering College or instructions for non-Windows operating systems, see Engineering College Printers.
Step-by-step, with screenshots
- Go to Apple official website
- HP printers: https://support.apple.com/downloads/HP
- Canon printers: https://support.apple.com/downloads/canon
- Type: Windows printer via spools
- Device: Another device
- URL: engr-print-01.engr.illinois.edu/printer-name (e.g. smb://engr-print-01.engr.illinois.edu/csl-1s-bw)
- Name: this is what the printer will show up as in your applications. Choose a recognizable name (e.g. csl-1s-bw)
- Location: a description of the location (optional)
- Use: this is the driver that will be used. If this field does not auto-populate with the correct printer model, you may need to select it yourself, or you may need to download the correct drivers from the Apple website first.
- Username: uofi\NetID (e.g. uofi\jsmith2)
- Password: Your regular NetID password