Email, How to stop forwarding to an alternate email address
Follow these steps to revert mail redirection, and receive emails at your University account instead of forwarding to a personal address.
- Go to the Electronic Directory Editor (EDE) and log in with your NetID and password.
- EDE will display several pieces of information about your University account. Find the mail field; if email redirection is configured for your account, this field will have your personal email address.
- Replace the personal email address with your University email address. This should be either <yournetid>@mx.uillinois.edu or <yournetid>@g.illinois.edu (but please only use g.illinois.edu if your account is configured to use Google Apps @ Illinois).
- Click the Apply button at the top or bottom of the EDE webpage, then log out.
- If you're using Microsoft Exchange and created an inbox rule to redirect email, you will also need to delete that rule.
Please note that changes made in EDE can take up to 4 hrs to propagate to the email relays.
Staff members are not allowed to redirect email, and will be unable to edit the mail field in EDE. If you are a staff member and need to modify this to disable mail forwarding, please contact the Technology Services Help Desk at 217-244-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. See this article for more information: Privacy & Cybersecurity, Faculty and Staff Email Auto-forwarding Retirement FAQ