Illinois IT Service Catalog, Getting Started
The page details information on using and contributing to the Campus Service Catalog
What is the Illinois IT Service Catalog?
The Illinois IT Service Catalog is a collection of data about campus IT services and provides a single place to learn more about IT service offerings across campus. Data is provided and maintained by the departments that own the service. The catalog also allows IT units to build and display their own service lists based on the needs of their customers through the use of data feeds.
How do I view the Illinois IT Service Catalog?
The Illinois IT Service Catalog is available as an independent website or as JSON and XML pages which you can embed in other websites to display your own departmental content.
How to do I add, edit, and access catalog information?
The KB article Contributing to the Illinois IT Service Catalog provides information on completing various tasks:
- How to become a contributor
- How to add services and characteristics to the catalog
- Please see the KB article Definitions of Service Characteristics for detailed information on each service characteristic.
- How to edit services information
- How to remove/retire a service entry
- How to request custom views of your department's data
- How to use data feeds