Endpoint Services, Workspace ONE, What is the Device Enrollment Program (Apple DEP)?
This article provides more information about Apple's Device Enrollment Program (DEP).
Workspace ONE Unified Endpoint Management (UEM)
University of Illinois IT Pros leveraging Technology Services Endpoint Service Workspace ONE UEM
Apple's Device Enrollment Program (DEP) maximizes the benefits of Apple device enrollment into a Mobile Device Management (MDM) or Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) service such as Workspace ONE. DEP enables IT Pros to:
- Customize and streamline the UEM enrollment process for iOS, macOS, and tvOS devices.
- Use Apple Configurator to provision devices in supervised mode, providing access to additional security and configuration settings.
- Install a non-removable UEM profile on a device, preventing deletion and enforcing enrollment for all users.
- Prevent iCloud backup by disabling the option to allow users to sign in with an Apple ID.
The EPS team can enable eligible non-DEP iOS and tvOS devices if the following conditions are met (macOS devices may not be retroactively enabled):
- The unit IT Pro should have access to Apple Configurator 2.5 or higher installed on a Mac.
- iOS devices must be on iOS 11 or higher.
- tvOS devices must be 4th generation or newer.
- The device must be able to connect to the Internet in order to communicate with Apple's DEP portal.
Please submit an EPS Support Request if you have devices you'd like to enable for DEP.