U of I Box, Script errors installing desktop clients in Windows
We are seeing an issue with users trying to install Box desktop clients for Windows when they following conditions are met:
I am getting an error when trying to authenticate my Box desktop client on Windows desktops
- Windows PC in a Technology Services Active Directory OU
- Receiving computer management group policy settings from that OU
- The user is enrolled in two factor authentication (2FA)
Affected clients include Box Drive, Sync, and Box for Office on Windows.
The issue is due to security settings for Internet Explorer handed down from the group policy in AD.
The Windows and AD support team is working on pinpointing the policy causing the issue and hope to resolve this soon.
Potential workarounds for users needing to install these clients immediately:
- Temporarily ask to be removed from 2FA for a short time so you can install the client
- Contact Technology Services Internal Support to have your workstation temporarily removed from the managed OU
The error may look like the following: