AV Troubleshooting - Problems with Program/Content Audio
How to troubleshoot problems with program or content audio in AV spaces
- Ensure any audio cables connected to the system are fully seated
- Check volume levels of the system and source feeding the system and make sure nothing is erroneously muted
- Systems with touch screen controllers may have an audio settings page with more granular volume and mute controls
- Check that the audio source device (PC, laptop, tablet, etc.) and make sure that the audio is not muted, turned down too low, or turned up too high.
- For devices such as PCs and Laptops, make sure to check volume levels on the program outputting sound and for the operating system.
- For Windows PCs, check that the correct audio output is selected in the Control Panel's Sounds menu.
- If you have access to an equipment rack, make sure everything is turned on
- Try turning the system off and back on