How do I connect a laptop to the AV system?
Step by step instructions on how to connect a client's laptop to the AV system
For all laptops:
- Connect the HDMI or VGA cable (and audio plug if you're using audio) to your laptop (and adapter if needed.)
2. Select the HDMI or VGA/Notebook source from the touch screen. Some classrooms only have a flat panel display, in which case, you'll need to press the HDMI or VGA button on your remote for your display.
If the laptop is not displaying or if you see a blank desktop, check the laptop display settings.
For PC (Windows 10)
- Hold down the Windows key and press the P key.
- Select Duplicate from the display options that appear on the right.
*Note* Different laptop manufacturers may have different key combinations or dedicated key to activate the second display.
For Mac (all versions)
- Click the Apple icon (top left.)
- Select System Preferences
- Select Displays (second row)
- Select Arrangement
- Check Mirror Displays box.