Why can't I hear any audio from the lectern PC or a laptop.
If you're not hearing any PC or laptop audio with the system, try these steps.
Different steps to try when troubleshoot no source audio from the lectern PC or laptop.
- Ensure the source is not muted at the touch screen. Also check the audio level at the touch screen is set at a high enough level.
- Ensure the audio cable (if available) is connected securely to the laptop or front of the PC (older Nomad AV systems.)
- Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable for the laptop.
If the above steps do not resolve the problem, ensure the playback devices are set for the PC/laptop.For Windows:
- Right click on the speaker icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Playback devices.
- If you're using an enhanced lectern (non-Nomad), make sure Crestron is the selected playback device.
- If your'e using a VGA cable with audio or a Nomad system, make sure Speakers/Headphones is the playback device.
- Click the Apple icon (top right.)
- Select System Preferences
- Select Sound
- Select Output
- If you're using an enhanced lectern (non-Nomad) and you're using an HDMI cable, make sure Crestron is the selected output device.
- If you're using a VGA cable with audio, ensure the output is set to Headphones.
If none of the above steps resolve the problem, a hardware-reset may be needed. How can the Crestron DMPS System be reset when it freezes?