How can I Setup a Self - Recovery Process for the Crestron 3 - Series?
The 3-Series processor is built with a self-recovery process. The steps below document how to initiate a self-recovery in the event that communications can no longer be established.
1. Press and release the HW-R button.
2. Quickly press the SW-R button 5 times, allowing ~ 1 sec between presses.
3. Wait 5 to 10 minutes for the self-recovery process to complete.
4. Attempt to make a connection to the processor using USB. USB is the only valid connection type.
5. Using the Text Console tool check for a prompt. You should receive the standard prompt.
6. Load the current 3-series .puf file using the Package Update Tool here https://www.crestron.com/search?q=update%20tool
7. Repeat if necessary if first attempt does not correct issue.
After following the above steps if you have not received a standard prompt for your processor, contact Crestron Technical Support.