How do I activate Office 365, 2019, 2016, and 2013 for Windows and Mac?
How to activate Outlook for Windows and Mac.
When you start an Office app that's not activated, you'll be prompted to sign in to Office. Be sure to sign in using your NetID and ACCC common password.
If the Activation wizard appears, Office needs your help to activate. Follow the prompts in the wizard to activate Office.
Click any Office app, like Microsoft Word to start the activation process. You may need to scroll down to find it.
Click Get Started > Sign in.
Note: If there is no What's New window, you may need to activate from within the Office app. On the top menu, click Word >Activate Office > Sign in.
3. Enter your NetID and click Next.
4. Enter the password associated with the email address you entered, and click Sign in.
Note: This screen may look different depending on your email provider.
5. The system checks if you have a valid license and then will activate the product.
6. You're done! Click Start Using Word, to start using the app.
Tip: To make the Office apps easy to launch, you can add them to the dock.
1. Make sure your time is set properly. A clock skew of more than a few minutes will automatically refuse any credentials. Go to System Preferences > Date & Time, and ensure that your time is being automatically set using time.apple.com.
2. Download and run the ActivationTroubleshooter.app from this link here: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Automation-of-the-Steps-in-bd36f4c0
3. Completely uninstall and reinstall Office. Follow the steps here (dragging the apps to the Trash does not constitute uninstallation): https://support.office.com/en-us/article/uninstall-office-for-mac-eefa1199-5b58-43af-8a3d-b73dc1a8cae3After each of those steps, try to sign in again. If none of these work, please bring your Mac to the most convenient C-Stop location (https://accc.uic.edu/support/). If this Mac is owned by the university, let the service manager know.