Endpoint Services, Adobe Creative Cloud 2019
Endpoint Services-specific information about Adobe CC 2019
System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Current Branch
Munki Mac Endpoint Management
University of Illinois IT Pros leveraging Technology Services Endpoint Service SCCM Current Branch and/or Munki Mac Endpoint Management systems.
- General Information
- Named User Licenses
- Shared Device Licenses
- EPS Packages
- Installation with Previous Versions
- Acrobat Pro
- Getting Help
Adobe has now released Creative Cloud 2019 with support for both Named User and Shared Device licenses. The EPS SCCM and Munki services both offer Named User and Shared Device versions of each Creative Cloud 2019 application. If you have not already done so, please read the UofI Webstore's KB article detailing CC 2019 licensing and activation. This supplemental article relates specifically to EPS packages and deployment.
The current device license for pre-2019 Adobe CC apps will expire in January 2020. We encourage units leveraging those applications to move to the 2019 versions as soon as possible.
Named User (NU or NUL) licensing is intended for endpoints used by staff and faculty. These applications require that users login with their Enterprise ID, with each logged-in endpoint contributing to that user’s two available activations. Logging out of an application or the accompanying Creative Cloud Desktop app will recover an activation. An Adobe Enterprise ID must be requested by Faculty and Staff by ordering this free WebStore offer.
Shared Device (SDL) licensing is intended for lab and classroom endpoints only. All students are automatically assigned a free Adobe license that allows them access to the Adobe Platform of software on endpoints with this licensing type. Users will also be required to login, but each login will not contribute to a user’s total number of activations. Additional Shared Device license restrictions:
- To ensure compliance and to preserve our campus agreement with Adobe, Webstore requires that all endpoints using a shared device license be registered. This can be done here.
- Endpoints with SDL licensed Adobe apps installed must be on a campus network in order to use them.
Due to the login requirements, all SCCM and Munki-provided Creative Cloud 2019 packages now come with the Creative Cloud Desktop Application. In addition, in keeping with previous releases, all SCCM and Munki-provided versions have updates disabled.
- For SCCM stakeholders, please continue to use the Adobe Remote Update Manager package, under “\Software Library\Overview\Application Management\Packages”, to manage updates.
- Munki stakeholders will continue to receive updates per the established testing and release schedule.
Installation of EPS-provided CC 2019 packages will generally behave as expected in terms of interactions with previous versions, with a handful of exceptions for the Munki service.
- SCCM-provided 2019 packages will continue to replace previous versions as in the past.
- Munki-provided packages will allow side-by-side installations with previous versions with the exception of XD, Lightroom, and Lightroom Classic, which will replace previous versions. As future updates are released, the same behavior will apply to Dimension and Premiere Rush. These are the applications whose parent folders do not include a release year.
- Note that a managed uninstall of XD, Lightroom, or Lightroom Classic (and down the road, Dimension and Premiere Rush), will uninstall whichever version is installed, so managed uninstalls should not be used when updating to newer versions of these applications. For example, to replace XD 2018 with 2019, add 2019 to your manifests as a managed install, and delete 2018 from your manifest. If you add XD 2019 as a managed install with XD 2018 as a managed uninstall, Munki will end up in an endless uninstall/reinstall cycle.
Acrobat Pro DC will also be moving to the new licensing model. For SCCM stakeholders, future releases will be under “\Software Library\Overview\Application Management\Applications\MANAGED APPLICATIONS\Adobe\Acrobat DC\*”.