How can I prevent plagiarism in my course?
Blackboard has a tool called SafeAssign that allows instructors to check student submissions for plagiarism.
SafeAssign is a plagiarism prevention service to assist faculty in the prevention of plagiarism by detecting unoriginal content in student papers and providing a report for review. To enable SafeAssign in an assignment:
Original Course View
1) On the Create Assignment page, expand Submission Details
2) Select Check submissions for plagiarism using SafeAssign.
3) Optionally, select one or both options:
4) Allow students to view the SafeAssign originality reports on their submissions.
5) Exclude all student submissions for this assignment from the institutional or global reference databases.
6) Complete the Create Assignment page.
7) Click Submit.