Learn@Illinois Moodle - Illinois Media Space Assignment Activity
The Illinois Media Space Assignment activity is a tool that allows instructors to create assignments that require students to upload and submit Illinois Media Space Videos. Instructors can grade student submissions and provide feedback.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleIMSAssignment
Examples of Using Illinois Media Space Assignment Activity
- An assignment that requires students to post a video introduction
- An assignment that requires students to post a video podcast individually or as a group
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do students just upload a video to this activity?
No, students must first add a video to Illinois Media Space and then link it to the assignment. See our Student - Submitting an Illinois Media Space Assignment page. This page is also accessible to your students.
- Use clear descriptions of activity in the description field including:
- How students will be graded including any grading guides and rubrics
- Formatting rules
- File types that will be accepted
- Examples of exemplary submissions
- Communicate dates in a way that is easy to maintain
- Rarely use hard due dates (e.g. September 22, 2017) - opt for relative dates (e.g. Tuesday of Week 1) whenever possible
- Use the year when typing hard due dates so that if it does not get updated, it will be clear that this is the wrong date.
- When you would like to collect submissions at midnight, consider using 11:55pm instead. Students are often confused when something is due on Monday at midnight, but the system says that it is due on Tuesday at 12:00am.
Groups and Groupings
- Student - Embedding Audio or Video from Illinois Media Space
- Student - Using Illinois Media Space for Audio Recording
- Student - Submitting an Illinois Media Space Assignment
- Adding a YouTube video via Illinois Media Space
- Illinois Media Space Resource
- Recording a Group Video Using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra