Learn@Illinois Moodle - Illinois Media Space (IMS) Assignment Activity
Learn how to use the Illinois Media Space (IMS) Assignment Activity. The IMS activity is a tool that allows instructors to create assignments that require students to upload and submit Illinois Media Space Videos. Instructors can easily grade student submissions and provide feedback.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleIMSAssignment
Examples of Using Illinois Media Space Assignment Activity
- An assignment that requires students to post a video introduction
- An assignment that requires students to post a video podcast individually or as a group
Frequently Asked Questions
- Use clear descriptions of activity in the description field including:
- How students will be graded including any grading guides and rubrics
- Formatting rules
- File types that will be accepted
- Examples of exemplary submissions
- Communicate dates in a way that is easy to maintain
- Rarely use hard due dates (e.g. September 22, 2017) - opt for relative dates (e.g. Tuesday of Week 1) whenever possible
- Use the year when typing hard due dates so that if it does not get updated, it will be clear that this is the wrong date.
- When you would like to collect submissions at midnight, consider using 11:55pm instead. Students are often confused when something is due on Monday at midnight, but the system says that it is due on Tuesday at 12:00am.
Groups and Groupings
Illinois Media Space Documentation